Tuesday

Pia Wurtzbach’s full ‘Kelly and Michael’ interview


A very candid Pia Wurtzbach appeared on US morning talk show "Kelly and Michael" on January 4, animatedly chatting with hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan.

Wurtzbach wore an orange Karen Millen cocktail dress with matching pumps and the Miss Universe crown as her main accessory.



The beauty queen gaily recounted her journey to the Miss Universe stage ("it took me three attempts to join Miss Universe!") and the gamut of emotions she felt during the coronation night.

When host Steve Harvey mistakenly proclaimed Miss Colombia the winner, she said, "I was just thinking: Okay, I made it this far and I'm pretty sure I made my country proud. That's good enough for me. I know I did everything I could, I know I did very well."

Wurtzbach then added with even more enthusiasm, "But when he announced that I was in fact the winner, of course I was even more excited!"

Ripa then asked Wurtzbach about the moment when it finally sunk in that she won and the beauty queen answered with great humor that backstage, after Harvey's mistake was corrected, she was still very nervous.

Laughing, she told Ripa that she asked her manager Esther: "Did I really win? Is this final? Are you going to come back and take the crown from me?"

Wurtzbach also shared her very touristy New Year's Eve at Times Square and openly shared that she wasn't sure what was going on during the event, earning laughs from the audience. — Aya Tantiangco/BM, GMA News

source: gmanetwork.com